Job Vacancy Available At Ghana Council for Scientific and Industrial Research
Closing Date: 26 September 2023
CAUTION: Candidates DO NOT GIVE MONEY to any agent proving to get you Recruited Please take Note.
Are you searching for a Job Vacancy Available at Ghana Council for Scientific and Industrial Research? The Ghana Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) presents an exciting opportunity for qualified candidates. This article provides an overview of the organization, details about the position, and the required qualifications for this Job Vacancy Available at Ghana Council for Scientific and Industrial Research. If you are interested in this opportunity, continue reading for more information.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
The Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) Ghana is a national institution dedicated to research and technology for the country’s development. Established in October 1968 and re-established by the Council for Scientific and Industrial Research Act, 1996 (Act 521), the CSIR plays a vital role in promoting, regulating, and commercializing research and technology. This Job Vacancy Available at Ghana Council for Scientific and Industrial Research offers a unique chance to contribute to the CSIR’s mission. For more details about the CSIR and its mandates, visit the official website at www.csir.org.gh.
READ MORE: WE ARE HIRING: D.S. CONSTRUCTION LIMITED
ABOUT THE POSITION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Job Vacancy Available at Ghana Council for Scientific and Industrial Research is for the Head of the Institute position. As the Head of the Institute, you will be responsible for the institute’s day-to-day administration. This position is an exciting opportunity for you to make an impact.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Serving as the Head of the Institute and overseeing its operations.
- Establishing collaborations with relevant institutions and agencies, both within and outside the CSIR.
- Coordinating research activities within the institute under the guidance of the Director-General.
- Promoting technology transfer to industry and agricultural businesses and facilitating research commercialization.
- Managing research funding initiatives and contributing to research prioritization and Science and Technology Plans.
- Leading the development and management of the institute’s human resources.
READ MORE: TEACHING JOB AVAILABLE IN GHANA
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE JOB
To be eligible for this Job at Ghana Council for Scientific and Industrial Research, you must meet the following qualifications:
- Possess a Ph.D. degree or equivalent qualification in Agricultural, Biological, or Physical Sciences from a recognized university or institution.
- Have a minimum of 12 years of experience in Research and Development (R&D), including at least 5 years in a management position.
- Demonstrate distinguished research contributions as evidenced by scientific publications equivalent to that of a Principal Research Scientist/Associate Professor.
- Display the ability to organize, direct, and coordinate activities within a research institute for national development.
- Possess sound knowledge of agencies in relevant sectors and the ability to effectively interact with top management in other institutions and agencies.
- Demonstrate a proven ability to inspire research staff and supporting personnel.
- Exhibit the capacity to generate and attract funding, both internally and externally, to support research activities.
- Be 55 years of age or younger.
How To Apply for The Job Vacancy Available at Ghana Council for Scientific And Industrial Research
To apply for this Job position at Ghana Council for Scientific and Industrial Research, follow these steps:
- Prepare a written application letter and attach your updated curriculum vitae (CV).
- Address your application to:
COUNCIL FOR SCIENTIFIC AND INDUSTRIAL RESEARCH
- O. BOX M.32 ACCRA.
Include The Following Information:
- Names and contact information
- E-mail addresses and telephone numbers of three (3) confidential referees.
- Brief Vision Statement of not more than 1000 words to show how you will use the position to advance the strategic objectives of the CSIR.
- All other relevant information, including tables and figures, should be placed in an Appendix of not more than 6 pages.
Your referees are to submit their confidential reports to the email addresses below no later than 28th July 2023.
Soft copies should be in PDF and application documents should be forwarded to any of the following email addresses:
firstname.lastname@example.org copied to: email@example.com
or deliver Hard copies to:
CSIR Head Office,
off Agostino Neto Road,
Airport Residential Area, Accra
DIGITAL ADDRESS: GA037-6683
For more information, kindly visit their website