Apply for scholarship in Canada 2023: University of Manitoba Scholarship Program for International Students
The University of Manitoba presents an opportunity for international undergraduate students to receive financial assistance through a scholarship program for international students in Canada.
This scholarship program for international students in Canada offers you coverage for up to 50% of the international student differential tuition fee for the academic year and is granted based on academic accomplishment and financial necessity.
All eligible international undergraduate students, both new and continuing, who have demonstrated financial need and academic achievement are welcome to apply. Each application undergoes individual evaluation by a selection committee.
Country of Hosting: Canada
Study Abroad: Study in Canada
Category: Scholarship for international students
Eligible Nations: All Countries
Reward: Funding of up to $240,000
Deadline: October 1, 2023
The University of Manitoba, situated in Winnipeg, Canada, is a public research institution with a diverse student population, comprising over 30,000 undergraduate and graduate students. Enrolling at the University of Manitoba offers a supportive and inclusive learning environment, access to esteemed educators, and opportunities for cutting-edge research as an international student.
Furthermore, the university extends comprehensive support services to assist international students in their academic and social achievements. These services include academic guidance, language support, and cultural initiatives. The vibrant campus community, boasting over 200 student clubs and organizations, also provides a wide range of extracurricular activities and events to enrich the educational experience.
To be eligible to apply for the scholarship program for international students, applicants must:
- Meet the minimum G.P.A. criteria while Continuing students must maintain a minimum degree G.P.A. of 2.0.
- New students coming from high school must possess a grade 12 average of 70% or higher.
- Bursary consideration may also be available for students admitted on Mature Student Status.
- In most cases, enroll in and successfully complete at least 60% of a full course load per term (equivalent to a minimum of 9 credit hours per term).
- Graduate students, however, are not bound by credit hour requirements as long as they are registered as full-time students during the fall and winter terms with the Faculty of Graduate Studies.
- Provide clear documentation of financial need in the application.
- Students who have applied for government student loans from other provinces must submit a copy of their current official government loan assessment as proof of financial need.
- It is important to note that recipients of Manitoba Student Aid do not need to provide a copy of their Notice of Assessment.
- For the general bursary program, first-year post-secondary first-year years are not eligible to apply.
SCHOLARSHIP DURATION AND REWARD
- Partial Funding of up to $240,000
- Interested and eligible candidates should apply by following the link provided below.
- Applicants must apply for the University of Manitoba General Bursary through Aurora, in addition to any specific award applications that may be required.
To Apply CLICK HERE