8 Surprising Health Benefits of Avocados You Never Knew About
How many times do you take avocado? Today, I will be sharing with you the health benefits of avocados. The avocado (Persea Americana) is a tree grown worldwide in tropical and warm subtropical temperatures, making it the perfect ingredient for everything from delicious dishes to guacamole and salads. It can be found in so many countries and used by many people.
But, there are several health benefits of avocados that you might not know about, making this fruit even more versatile than you thought. Here are 8 surprising health benefits of avocados that you never knew about!
1. Avocados help in weight loss
Did you know that avocado can help with weight loss? So, they are high in fiber and low in calories. Also, they contain monounsaturated fats, which have been shown to help reduce belly fat.
What might be unknown to you to know is that, avocados are a good source of potassium, which can help regulate blood pressure and water balance in the body. All of these factors make avocados an excellent fruit to include in your diet if you are trying to lose weight.
2. Avocado and disease prevention
Avocados are a very good source of nutrients that can help keep you healthy and prevent disease. For example, they’re a good source of fiber, which can help lower cholesterol and improve heart health when you use them more.
Plus, this is a fruit with high antioxidants, which can protect against certain types of cancer. Adding them to your daily diet gives you the great advantage of living a good and healthy life.
3. They help in moistening your body
Did you know that avocados can be used as a natural moisturizer? Just take the flesh of an avocado and rub it on your skin in a circular motion. Leave it on for 10-15 minutes before rinsing it off with lukewarm water.
Do this once or twice a week and you’ll see a difference in the softness and elasticity of your skin! Avocados are also great for treating sunburns. The fatty acids and antioxidants in avocados help to soothe and heal the skin.
4. Avocado as an ingredient in cooking
When you used an avocado as part of your diet, you will be able to get a lot and the health benefits:
- Avocados are a great source of healthy fats.
- They can help lower cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
- Avocados are high in fiber, which can help with digestive issues.
- The potassium in avocados can help regulate blood pressure.
- Avocados are a good source of vitamins C, E, and K.
- They can also help improve the appearance of your skin and hair.
- Avocados may even help protect against some types of cancer.
5. Avocado for dark circles under your eyes
One of the lesser-known avocado benefits is that it can help with dark circles under your eyes. The vitamin E and fatty acids in avocados can help moisturize and repair the delicate skin under your eyes. To use, mash up a ripe avocado and apply it to clean skin for 20 minutes. Rinse with warm water and enjoy brighter, refreshed skin.
Read More: 8 Fruits that Enhance Man’s Strenght
Avocado nutrition makes them great for all kinds of purposes; including helping treat other skin problems like acne or psoriasis. Research suggests that applying crushed avocado extract to these types of skin conditions can speed healing and reduce inflammation. For more information on how to eat avocados as part of a healthy diet check out our guide on healthy recipes using avocados.
It’s also worth mentioning that for a complete nutrition profile, like potassium content or the number of fat grams per serving, check out our complete guide to nutrition facts here. Check back next week for more sample headlines!
Read More: Eat Guava and See These Changes
6. Avocado as an anti-aging treatment
Who would have thought that something as delicious as an avocado could also be so good for your skin? Avocados are packed with nutrients that can help to keep your skin looking young and healthy. Here are eight ways that avocados can benefit your skin
1) vitamin E in the fruit helps reverse sun damage on the skin by preventing cellular damage from the sun’s UV rays.
2) The high amount of fatty acids found in avocados nourishes dry, flaky skin.
3) The anti-inflammatory properties help reduce acne, psoriasis, eczema, rosacea, and other inflammatory conditions.
4) Its collagen-boosting abilities can lessen wrinkles caused by age or environmental factors such as smoking or air pollution.
5) The carotenoids found in it fight free radicals which cause signs of aging like wrinkles and age spots; they also protect against cancer cells’ growth in your body.
7 Avocados can reduce PMS symptoms
Another health benefit of avocado is to control your PMS. Many women find that their PMS symptoms are reduced when they eat avocados. Avocado is high in magnesium, which can help to relax the muscles and reduce cramps.
It is also high in B vitamins, which can help to regulate hormone levels. Plus, the healthy fats in avocado can help to reduce inflammation and provide some relief from the bloating that often accompanies PMS.
8. How many avocados should I eat per day?
If you’re like most people, you probably think of avocados as a delicious and healthy addition to your diet. But did you know that they offer some pretty amazing health benefits? Here are some of them them
1) They help prevent heart disease by lowering cholesterol levels in the blood
2) They increase good cholesterol levels
3) They are rich in monounsaturated fats, which can help lower the risk of diabetes
4) They contain more potassium than bananas! Potassium is important for regulating blood pressure, muscle contraction, and other functions
5) The fiber in avocados can help regulate bowel movements, preventing constipation or irregularity 6) Avocado oil contains lutein and zeaxanthin–nutrients that protect against macular degeneration
7) Avocado is also high in folate which helps support red blood cell production 8) It’s an excellent source of vitamin E which is great for skin