CALL FOR JOB APPLICATION AT ABT ASSOCIATES
Location: Accra, Ghana
Contract Type: Permanent/Full Time
Closing Date: 7th July 2023
About ABT Associates
At Abt Associates, our daily endeavor is to address the utmost significant challenges in the world and enhance the well-being of individuals globally. Undertaking the mission to create equity within society is an arduous task, yet we are motivated by substantial challenges.
We comprise a diverse collection of over 3,000 professionals hailing from more than 50 nations, united in our pursuit and focusing on the broader context. Our ability to effect change and push boundaries is only feasible when we collaborate, sharing our fervor, dynamism, and innovative concepts with others. Abt Associates welcomes individuals with varied perspectives, backgrounds, and notions. By joining our organization, you gain access to brilliant intellectuals at the apex of their expertise.
To excel at Abt, one must demonstrate adaptability and strong interpersonal skills. Our inclusive environment allows you to strike a harmonious equilibrium between your career and personal life, fostering your overall well-being. Building a more equitable world commences with each one of us. We extend care to individuals worldwide, and we extend the same to you.
Are you prepared to undertake meaningful work that brings fulfillment? The time is now.
Read More: Teaching Job Vacancies in Ghana Now
About the Position
Abt Associates seeks a lead for Public Financial Management (PFM) in relation to the USAID/Ghana Fiscal Accountability Strengthening Activity (the Activity), which is anticipated in the near future. This five-year initiative aims to enhance accountability in the Government of Ghana’s public financial management systems, thereby achieving three objectives:
- Enhanced external auditing and parliamentary oversight.
- Improved accounting, financial reporting, and adherence to fiscal policies.
- Enhanced control, predictability, and transparency in budget execution.
As the PFM lead, your responsibilities encompass all activities pertaining to public financial management, ensuring seamless integration with other FASA initiatives, and overseeing other PFM personnel.
The commencement of work is scheduled for late 2023, contingent upon Abt Associates securing the contract. The position is based in Ghana, with the PFM lead reporting to the Chief of the Party overseeing the project.
- Offer strategic, technical, and managerial guidance to initiatives targeting the enhancement of accounting, financial reporting, and compliance with Ghana’s fiscal policies.
- Assist the Government of Ghana (GoG) in the deployment and full utilization of the Ghana Integrated Financial Management Information System (GIFMIS) at the district level.
- Ensure comprehensive utilization of GIFMIS at all levels, from national to district, while leading efforts to educate the GoG on International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) and ensuring their implementation and adherence.
- Oversee support in monitoring the utilization of the GoG budget classification system.
- Spearhead endeavors aimed at bolstering fiscal management capabilities within local governments.
- Foster alignment and explore opportunities for collaboration with other FASA objectives, USAID implementation partners, and externally funded PFM projects.
Qualification And Requirements
- Master’s or Ph.D. degree in accounting, public administration, finance, or a similar area.
- More than 10 years of applicable professional experience putting in place activities to improve national and subnational public financial management systems, the quality of financial data, and fiscal accountability and transparency.
- At least 5 years of experience proving that they have been able to improve and roll out integrated financial management information tools.
- At least 5 years of experience helping city governments below the national level get resources, plan, and make budgets.
- Experience working on public financial management and accountability with government officials, the private sector, and civil society groups.
- It’s best to have experience in Ghana.
- Excellent skills in both speaking and writing.
- Professionally, you need to be able to write and speak English well
Closing Date: 7th July 2023
TO APPLY CLICK HERE